Monday, December 1, 2014

DAVID BYRNE ST VINCENT

Many records cross my radar, but Love This Giant (2012) by David Byrne (Talking Heads) and St Vincent really stood out as November's most interesting discovery. If you're like me, you may have seen the album around over the last year or so, but didn't know what to make of it. I hadn't yet heard St Vincent/Annie Clark (so glad I've caught up!), but their collaborations won me over immediately once I gave them a listen. I now wish I had explored the project early enough to catch their live performances. The official video for the album's opening track, Who, features some wonderful visuals- another reminder that Byrne has an interest in movement as well as music. And like his work on Stop Making Sense so long ago, his choices appear fresh and individual. More on this topic soon! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment