Thursday, November 27, 2014

DEVO THANKSGIVING

Welcome to Art Pioneers! As a writer/artist, I'm often inspired by the work of innovators like Laurie Anderson, David Bowie, David Byrne, Starn Twins, and many other creators from the visual and performing arts. Art Pioneers will spotlight old and new projects each day, and will feature original art and interviews as I can fit them into my schedule. Below: I created these DEVO-inspired cards for Thanksgiving, which feature vintage card designs and the band's famous energy domes. DEVO has always used their unique cartoony aesthetics to expose the absurdities, cruelty  and hypocrisy in society. Having an outsider view myself to many holiday traditions at this point, as well as being a pescetarian, I couldn't help twist this traditional iconography. Special thanks to the more than 100 DEVO pals and fans of Mark Mothersbaugh's artwork on Facebook for embracing and sharing these images. Enjoy and come back soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment